Monday, October 4, 2010

Don't Be Stupid, This Is A Metaphor.


I have a lemonade stand and I charge 75 cents for a glass of it. It’s real sugary with pulp of lemon too, so you know it’s the real thing. I used to make the same stuff and give it to you for free, in my kitchen. I wanted to watch your face while you drank it because it made me happy to see you happy. But you drank so much lemonade. I would make it and make it and then I’d squeeze more lemons and start over. Every day I was making lemonade and you were drinking it. Then I went broke and my hands got tired. A long time went by before I thought of making it again and when I did I knew I couldn’t give it away anymore, just in my kitchen like that. So I built a stand to sit behind and people pay me now. They like it so much. They want to pay me more and more. This is the smart way. Nothing is free now that we’re all adults. If you were thirsty, I would charge you too.

No comments: